I am losing you again, Let me out and let me in, 'Cause you're not alone here, Not at all, Let me belong here, Break my fall

Monday, December 6, 2010

Bedtime story

Sometimes I get awaken in the middl of the night and can't get comfortable enough to fall asleep. Then my mind starts to wander and all bets are off. Tonight is one of those nights. My back is stiff and achy and in certain positions this muscle right above my knee twitches. So, what's on my mind tonight? When I was a kid I shared a bedroom with my brother then when I was a little older I shared one with my sister. Then she moved out and I had a bedroom all to myself until the age of 14. That's when my mom was arrested and I stayed with my friends family for a few months where I had to share a room with another foster girl. The owner of the house decided to sell so my mom had to move. She was able to find a 2 bd apt. When I moved back in, I tried to share a bed with my mom. It was such a foreign concept sleeping next to my mom. Her breathing drove me nuts. Her small movements drove me nuts. I just couldn't take it. So I decided to sleep on the couch, which was always a fight between me and my brother. My dad also lived with us, but him and my mom were seperated so he had his own room. My brother and I would argue over who would get the sofa and who would get the loveseat. Eventually we got bunk beds in the living room. That seemed to work out better. I slept on the top bunk and would tape magazine clippings to my wall. They were mostly of good looking couples from the cosmo magazine. Eventually my mom made my dad move out and I got the bedroom. I really can't remember what my brother did and that makes me feel bad. He acted out a lot and it later got us kicked out. I found us a nice 2 bd duplex. By this time I had acquired a trundle bed, so me and my mom again shared a room and my brother got the other one. My mom slept on the trundle right next to and slightly lower than my bed. I still had the same issues, breathing, slight movements, bed creaking. It drove me nuts. My mom ended up setting a bed up in the garage and making a lil bedroom out there. I feel kind of guilty about that now. When I finall decided to move out, my mom kept my bedroom how it was just in case I changed my mind. Eventually i convinced her to move in there I think. I can't quite remember. She eventually got her own room anyway when they moved to another apt and now she owns a house and has a big bedroom. But when Moved out of the duplex that started the next chapter of bedrooms. Kevin and I moved in together. That had it's own issues but we had to get over them bc we were a couple sharing the same living space. Sometimes he would kick me out to the couch though bc we would argue. Didn't happen too much until this current apt. We got a more comfy couch from a friend and now sometimes I end up going to the couch bc I can't get comfortable in bed and I feel bad for keeping Kevin up, just like tonight. It's currently almost 5:30 am. I've been trying to fall asleep for the last 2 hrs. My cats are here to snuggle me now though so I might be able to finally go to sleep. I got all this outta my head so I should be good right? Let's hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment