I am losing you again, Let me out and let me in, 'Cause you're not alone here, Not at all, Let me belong here, Break my fall

Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's blue! not purple.

So today was a very exhausting but rewarding day for me. Got up this morning with only eating some fresh fruit for breakfast and helped my mom load up her apartment and get it (almost) all unpacked and put in place. Kevin came with me, which I think helped a lot. Camille and her friend also came and worked hard too. I pretty much unpacked everything and got my brother's bedroom in place and I think it's the nicest bedroom he's ever had. I would have helped my mom out more in her bedroom, but I didn't have really as much things to work with artistically. I'll try and sneak some pics of my mom's house on another day. I forgot today because basically I helped her from 11am-9pm. Small break in between to gulf down 3 cheeseburgers and slurp down 3/4 of a bud lite (which only effected me by making my mouth dry and feeling thirstier). I'm thinking about stopping by Friday night after I get off of work to check out how its going over there. My grandma is supposedly moving in on Friday.

That's a story all in it's own. My grandma had decided to buy this house for her, my mom and my brother to live in. Then, she let her diabetes get out of hand and ended up in the hospital. Since then, she's been recovering at my Uncle John's house (which is like two houses down across the street from my mom's new house), which means that my Uncle Richard who is living at my Uncle John's gave up his bedroom to house my grandma because he was so worried about her health (but from what I hear isn't really doing much for her lately anyway). She keeps being wishy washy on whether she wants to move in with my mom because my Uncle Richard gave her crap about how my mom's so spoiled and blah blah blah. He's mad because my grandma didn't buy him a house or a car. Well, my Uncle Richard has been a vagrant his whole life. What has he really contributed? My grandma obviously felt that she wanted to do something nice for my mom to show her that she loves her and is proud of her. So how this all ties in, is that my grandma probably either thinks that she's not going to live long after her last hospitalization or she's feeling guilty, except that because my Uncle Richard knows he can't move into my mom's house (like he tried to guilt trip my grandma into letting him do), he wants his bedroom back. So, he's basically trying to force my grandma to move in at my mom's now. My Uncle John is kind of neutral on it, except that he said he'd give her a month to stay at her house and then she'd have to move in. Drama, drama, drama. I hope my mom knows what she's getting herself in for living right next to her two brothers and living with her mom.

So far, I feel that my mom's house is all her own, but I'm sure it'll seem a little differently once my grandma moves in with all her stuff. My mom's got it filled pretty well already so I'm wondering where everything's going to go. Anyway, it was pretty rewarding today to see my mom have something so nice after she's worked so hard. I also was able to cross something off my list "help my mom make her house nice"

I guess I owe my savings account $50 so far, because I've completed 5 things on my list. I get to depositing that at some other time. Haha. Because I have school books to buy (like $100 for political science books and Kev still needs to spend $170 on school books). If you'd like to donate or gift money to me for my books, you are more than welcome to. My birthday is coming up the day after school starts (Aug 23rd).

Speaking of which, I decided on bowling as my birthday party. I have a feeling it might be a dud this year like it was last year. Eventually I'll stop planning to celebrate my birthday. I am a little bummed out because I emailed the bowling alley and they said I can't bring in outside food or drinks. I was planning on bringing Little Caesar pizzas and cake. BOO! I'd like to see Eat, Pray, Love eventually except that I guess it's not doing well in theaters because for next week, they don't have many showings planned for it, which does not help me out at all. I hope I get to go to Tahoe with Kevin on Wednesday. Spend some time at the beach and gamble a little bit and have a nice dinner.

Well it's bedtime now. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment