I am losing you again, Let me out and let me in, 'Cause you're not alone here, Not at all, Let me belong here, Break my fall

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

what a stud

So today has turned out differently than I expected. I woke up at about 9:45, which means that I got about 7 - 7 1/2 hours of sleep, but I felt fine. So I got up, did a little web surfing and decided to do my errands.

First stop, Les Schwab. I let her know I need two studs replaced (those are what holds your tire on w/ the lugnuts) and she tells me it's by appt only and it'll cost like $80. Wayyy more than I was expecting. I tell her I'll have to do it another day then and asked if I could just have the free brake inspection done. So, as I wait for them to do the inspection (which is making me sleepy just waiting around), I notice that see that the studs are broken and eventually they pull me in there to show me. I told them I already knew about it, but didn't want to pay them $80 to fix it and I had someone else that was going to do it cheaper, but the manager comes over and says that they can't legally let me leave like that because it is unsafe. And I tell them that I let the girl know that it was like that before I asked for the inspection to be done and if I would have known that they would have said that, I wouldn't have done the inspection. So, the manager offers to fix it for me for the cost of the parts and no labor. Sounds good to me as studs don't really cost anything. They also had to replace the spindle nut and lug nuts. Soooo, the only problem was that they don't have studs on hand (lame) so I had to wait FOREVER for someone to bring two studs to them. Ended up costing $30. That's more like it. They also told me that my front rotors need to be replaced and my brakes still have some life on them, but the used tires that I bought yesterday from a tire stop in south sac are no bueno and have about 5000 miles left on them, which is not what the guy told me (he said 15k). So there goes $80 down the toilet.

Then, I head over to fed ex to send my cousin some posters for her daughter's bedroom and they tell me they don't ship to PO boxes and that I'd have to go through the post office. My cousin hadn't responded right away so I left. Guess I'll just have to send it another day.

Then, I had over to Autozone to get a small little tube replaced and they couldn't figure out what the heck it was and suggested I go over to Napa auto parts or to the Ford dealer. I didn't really have time to do that so I looked inside and it wasn't cracked on the inside so seems safe for now. I'll have to do it another day.

Then, I head over to Walmart to get items for my picnic at the lake, but I have grease all over my hands; so after picking out some items I went over the bathroom (which is inconviently located at the BACK of the store). Turns out, I have bad luck today. The janitor guy decided to clean the bathroom. Had to wait forever just to wash the black off my hands. After checking out, I forgot that I wanted to go to safeway to buy grapes, but I was already so far behind schedule that I just went home.

When I got home it was already about 3pm, so I felt that it was too late to try and make a trip out to the lake. Kev wasn't really feeling that well anyway, and now I'm really sleepy so I don't feel like going out to the lake either. So much for an eventful day. Let's see how the rest of the day turns out. Maybe I'll go out to my mom's or something to help her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment